Becoming an Eco Friendly Business
Did you know that 87% of consumers will purchase from a company that advocates for an issue they care about, and 73% would stop purchasing from a company that doesn’t care about climate change.
The truth is, consumers care about the environment, and prefer their spending to go towards a company that does too.
The 2015 Paris Agreement determined that 73% of industries must lower carbon emissions by 40% by 2060 to stop the planet from warming over 2°C. Nearly 200 countries have agreed to this. But the question is, is it realistic for a business to go green? After all, no one wants to go in the red when it’s already hard for many companies to stay afloat.
Initiatives and social activities have sparked heated discussions about climate change – as more consumers are caring about climate change than ever. The good news is that not only is it possible to merge the environment with business, but it actually results in profit!
How Does Going Green Benefit Your Business?
- Job candidates prefer companies with a social purpose. Our fast-paced society has made workers more cynical and tired. Social purpose can go a long way. In a study, 51% of job candidates said a sense of social purpose is very important when looking for their ideal job.
- Sustainable companies make more money ! Companies with sustainability baked into their strategy perform better than those that don’t: they see an 18% higher ROI because they’re managing and planning for climate change.
- Word-of-mouth marketing can spread like wildfire. If millennials catch wind of your company being environmentally friendly, they’re the most likely demographic to share the news with their friends and family. Fostering a green campaign is a great way to gain consumer trust, loyalty, and attention.
How To Grow a Green Brand Identity
Being eco-friendly is something your marketing and content department can take advantage of. Once you’ve planned out your green initiatives, like our Praxis #PowerYourPlanet Campaign, it’s time to share that with your customers and partners.
- If you run a blog on your website, you can create content about your environmentally friendly campaign. Visitors to your site will feel encouraged to purchase from you if they see clearly on your website that you are an eco-friendly company.
- Going green is an excellent topic to share with your followers on social media. You may even be able to start a trend and go viral (though of course, this is a hit or miss). The great thing about running a social media green campaign is that you can gain a lot of engagement, spread brand awareness and get to know your loyal customers better.
Making Your Business More Sustainable
Here are some great ideas to make your business more sustainable:
- On top of regular waste bins, install recycling bins so your team members can start with a manageable amount of sustainability. You can coordinate between multiple departments so the initiative is on track to succeed.
- Commuting options vary depending on accessibility needs, location, and more. If it’s possible, encourage your employees to cycle, walk, or take public transportation.
- Statistics show that working remotely has the same impact on the environment as planting a forest of trees. This eliminates a whopping 3.6 billion tons of greenhouse gasses caused by commuting annually!
- Go digital, go green. You can choose paperless bill and invoicing platforms, cloud-based storage systems, or use e-signature software to save money and paper.
- LEDs use 25-30% less energy and last approximately 25 times longer than normal light-bulbs! In the long run, LED bulbs save you money. They can also come in beautiful designs and LED strips!
How Praxis is Making a Difference
Praxis is going on a journey to make sustainability sustainable, and we want to take you with us.
Our #PowerYourPlanet core objective is to improve environmental sustainability for everyone. From giving back to our community to giving back to our planet, we’re proud to share with you what our campaign is already doing to make a difference:
🏖️ This month, Praxis, in collaboration with NGO SaveYourHood, hosted our very first Beach Cleanup event to celebrate World Cleanup Day! We came together as a team to do our part in collecting waste that was sadly left behind on our beautiful beaches.
🌊 We provided entirely Carbon Neutral SIGG water bottles to all employees to mitigate their impact and waste production.
♻️Say hello to in-office recycling capabilities! We make it easy for our team members to dispose of their waste responsibly.
🌲 We’ve planned continuous monthly events – tree planting, eco office supplies, and even Meatless Mondays!
Praxians, it’s time to band together and go green! Share your environmentally friendly stories with us on social media. Let’s support one another as we take care of our planet. All of our changes pooled together can make a big difference.